Restylane® and Juvéderm® in Sycamore
As we age, our lips tend to droop and become thin. The red portion of the lip and the border lose their fullness and voluptuous shape. This loss of volume and change in shape is due to the loss of hyaluronic acid (HA) in our body as we age. HA is a naturally occurring building block of the skin. HA is a great option not only for your lips, but for many other areas of the face as well! Get a full, supple look with our filler almost anywhere on your face.
Dr. Friedrichs uses filler products derived from hyaluronic acid, such as Restylane® or Juvéderm®, to augment (fill) the lips. At Radiant Dermatology, we do not overfill our patients. You will not find the unwanted “duck” lips, rather beautiful and natural looking lips that you will be proud to display around town.
Juvéderm®: Across Generations
Over time, your face changes in many ways. This may be due to environmental factors, genetics, or part of the normal aging process. Some of the changes you may see include volume loss in the cheek area, deepening lines around the nose and mouth, and thinning lips. Some women, however, have naturally thin lips and may simply desire more fullness. Fortunately, the products in the Juvéderm: Collection of Fillers can help.
What to Expect During Filler Lip Enhancement
Filler lip enhancements takes only a few minutes to perform and provides long lasting, natural results.
- Dr. Friedrichs conducts a complete medical history and evaluation of your lips during your consultation.
- If you take blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or fish oil, you may want to consider stopping these medications for 1-2 weeks before your treatment (after consulting your primary care physician). These products may result in more bruising, and although the bruises will resolve in a week, it can be an unnecessary burden.
- Prior to injection, the lips may be numbed by an anesthetic.
- Injections are then performed using Restylane® or Juvéderm®.
- You may be given an ice pack to help minimize swelling.
After Your Lip Filler Treatment
Following treatment, your lips will be numb and may feel bigger than they actually are. Lip balm can keep them from drying out. If a bruise occurs, which is more likely if you are on blood thinners, you can use cover up makeup.
Your lips will likely be fuller and more voluptuous for anywhere from 6-9 months after your filler. It is possible to metabolize the product faster. Results will vary from person to person, but Dr. Friedrichs has found that her patients are always highly satisfied after receiving a lip enhancement.